As COVID-19 vaccinations become more accessible and as warm weather approaches, families will be looking for safe, healthy ways to spend time and have fun outdoors.
With that in mind, how can you be sure that your park or playground will be safe and sanitized for the summer ahead? Here are a few tips from the team at Playground Guardian:
● Perform Regular Cleaning and Sanitizing
● Know Which Products to Use
● Consider Installing Hand Sanitizer Dispensers
Perform Regular Cleaning and Sanitizing
Even prior to COVID-19, playgrounds ran the risk of harboring germs that cause skin infections and illness. With the now added dangers of COVID-19, sanitizing playground surfaces has become more important than ever. By both cleaning and sanitizing your equipment regularly, you are helping to maintain the feeling of safety that families in your community have come to expect from your park or playground. In addition to our maintenance, inspection, and audit services, Playground Guardian also offers Playground Sanitization Services that can help you keep your playground safe!
Know Which Products to Use
If you’ve decided to conduct sanitization and cleaning on your own, it’s important to know which cleaning products will be the most effective in protecting your equipment from germs. As you research potential products to use, consider the following qualities:
● Efficacy: Look for a product that will effectively disinfect in a single application, with no need to pre-clean surfaces or re-apply it during the same application
● Safety: A safe cleaning product is environmentally-friendly and won’t harm people, animals, the planet, or the equipment you are applying it to. Ensure that this product is non-toxic, non-irritating, non-corrosive, and free of fragrance.
● Simplicity: Rather than looking for several different products that will get the job done, see if you can find one single, versatile product that covers all sanitization needs and is available in ready-to-use or easy-to-dilute concentrate.
Finding the right cleaning and sanitizing product is essential to keeping your playground and visitors protected from germs.
Consider Installing Hand Sanitizer Dispensers
In addition to frequent cleaning and sanitizing, another idea for keeping your playground and its visitors safe is to install hand sanitizer stations around your park or play area. Any effort that reduces the risk of dangerous germs is worth making!
If you’re interested in learning more about Playground Guardian’s Playground Sanitization Services, contact us today!